Thursday, September 9, 2010

Old Town Pack Canoe







Wow its small and light weight at 33 pounds. This boat has become Zach's and my favorite. It has handled many streams, ponds, lakes and rivers this summer, replacing the tripper, otter and loon. It is designed for a single person with a cane seat. I found it tippy and did a modification, installing a sliding kayak seat. So basicly I have a light weight open kayak. Last week the boys enjoyed the Machias, with young Jon Ledger sitting on the floor in the front as Zach paddled using a kayak paddle. I attempted to keep up with a loon and then an otter kayak, I couldn't.

I quickly tried loading the front of the boat with gear and set off up stream. I now have my new trapping and deer hunting boat. I tried using a kayak, but couldn't get the gear stored. Problem is now solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment